Many relationships fall apart, because of a partner’s low self-esteem. When we have low self-esteem in a relationship, we can become jealousy, cling to our partner, fear of them leaving us and feel very insecure in the relationship.
To have a strong relationship that is healthy and happy, self-esteem has to be strong.
1. I am Loveable. If you don’t love yourself how do you expect someone else to love you? You have to know and believe you are lovable. Say it often. “I am lovable.”
2. I am worthy of love and friendship. We all deserve to be loved, know this.
3. I do accept myself completely. By accepting yourself you will see the good points of who you are.
4. I say positive things about myself to myself. Self talk is very important. When we talk positive to ourselves we will have a healthy mind.
5. I am a kind, caring and decent person; I give love and receive love. Think of a new born baby, don’t they deserve love, with a new self image you will feel like a new born baby.
6. All false images of myself that have followed me from the past are dissolved. With this you are letting go of the past and moving forward to a better future.
7. I love and do accept all parts of me. Even if I am short, or over weight it is me and I like the way I am.
8. I am an interesting person. If you know you are interesting you will be to your partner or friends.
9. I share my feeling with others and they love and accept me. When we share who we really are we gain others respect and trust.
10. I value and honor myself. With this affirmation you are going to win the respect you deserve.
11. I enjoy being positive and having positive feeling. With this attitude you will see the good in your relationship and build on that.
12. I am pleased with how I handle my emotions. With this you are going to understand your emotions much better and love who you are becoming.
13. The world is full of beauty and abundance. You are going to see your cup half full, instead of half empty.
14. I feel radiant and full of energy, abundant and health. This is going to show you the positive side of your life and relationship. Keep smiling until you feel that smile.
15. I am interested in other people. It is not all about you anymore, because your self- esteem is much better. Your love for yourself is spreading to others.
I was one that had to build my self-esteem. We receive a lot of “no’s” and “you can’t do that” when we are young. Some of those come from parents, teachers or peers. Anytime that we feel rejection it can affect our self-esteem.
Use these positive affirmation and see how your self-esteem can sky rocket and your relationships improve.
If you know of anyone that has a good marriage or relationships notice their self-esteem. Good relationships are born when we love ourselves first.
Challenge yourself now by trying out a few of these affirmations to start with. Write them on a card or print them out. Heck, you can even write some on your mirror if it will help. Repeat them daily and in no time your self-esteem will exceed your expectations.
If you have any affirmations that work for you that I haven’t mentions, let me know. Just add them in the comment box. Looking forward to hearing from you!