Are you a sister-in-law that is an asset to your husband’s family? Here are 5 signs that you are not making the grade in the sister-in-law department.
1. You feel that now that you are married you own your hubby.
2. You feel threatened by the relationship with his sibling and parents, and react to it in a negative way.
3. When he talks to his siblings you feel left out and he pays a price when you get home.
4. You are used to getting all the attention for some reason and when this doesn’t happen you are going to get even with his family.
5. You use your children as a weapon when things don’t go your way.
When we grow up and our family expands with the in-laws it can either be a wonderful experience or one from hell.
When you are that sister-in-law from another planet, you have to realize by taking away his relationship with his family you are the one that is a loser.
Here are 5 things you are taking away from your hubby by not being a good sister-in-law:
1. Part of this history and who he is.
2. You do put a wall up between him and yourself, because he cannot be relaxed when with his family.
3. You are not letting his children enjoy their own heritage and he may hate you for this someday.
4. You are making him chose between you and his heritage.
5. He is going to get tired of being controlled by you someday.
Building an extended family can be fun when we look at it on the positive side. It takes time to build the bond between in-laws, so don’t write them off too soon. Get to know them and appreciate them for the positive things they can bring into your life. You don’t always have to agree with them, but you can learn by the difference of opinions when they come up.
Remember he loves his family (if they are not a family from another planet), he has a right to spend time with them. If you are the sister-in-law or even daughter-in-law from hell, clean up your act before you end up paying a big price for your actions. Everything that goes around comes back around.
After all, your hubby my need a kidney transplant someday and one of his siblings may be a match. Do you want them to deny him the kidney, because of your actions?
Are you a good Sister-In-law or do you find his family hard to get along with?
Just leave your comment below when it comes to you experience being or having a sister-in-law.
If you enjoyed this post pick up my FREE e- book “Inspiring Your Life,” while it is available. It consists of 20 top blogger on happiness, relationships, motivational and inspirational articles.
Blessing to you,