Here are 5 tips for finding happiness and starting the year off right:
1. Enjoying what you have: Ok you didn’t get what you really wanted for Christmas, but I bet you had a wonderful time with the people you love. Little things really add up and we have a way of overlooking them. What do you have that you are forgetting to enjoy?
2. Having loving personal relationships: We all have those times when the spouse or partner can be a pain in the neck and the kids are bouncing off the walls! When you are having those days, just stop and visualize what life would be like if these people that you love weren’t there anymore. Love is patient and we always need to keep this in mind. Is your love for others patient?
3. Doing what you love for a living: It’s not what you have to do for a living that counts, but how you react to your work. Any work can be fun if you look on the positive side of it. How do you make your work fun?
4. Living in the present: Be fully engaged in what you’re doing and not tormented by the past or anxious about the future. I know that this can be a little hard at times, but trust me it is very important. Are you losing fun and happiness in the present because you’re worrying about the past or future?
5. A sense of wellbeing that comes from knowing you can handle whatever life throws at you: Everyday life can throw something new at you. When this happens bring out that sense of humor when needed and tackle one thing at a time, so you can enjoy life and look back and laugh about those bad days. Have you ever noticed that the sun does come up every morning and you have a band new day to enjoy?
Here is wishing you all a very Happy New year and “May You Be Blessed” in every way!
P.S. Would appreciate your answers to my questions in the 5 tips. Just leave them in the comment box below.